Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What the Hall?!

Hall of Who? Hall of Huh??

So far we’ve encountered an interesting phenomenon that is probably only found in America: The Hall of Fame.

My personal opinion is that you shouldn’t be inducted into any hall of fame if I’ve never heard of you. My reasoning is that your inclusion should have nothing to do with your stats or abilities or achievements since it is, after all, a hall of FAME, not a hall of achievement(s).

So, since I don’t follow any particular sport, even the ones that I’m interested in, if I’ve heard of you, you’re somehow, for whatever reason, famous. If not, then not. I can’t even name 5 professional athletes from the sports teams in Denver (John Elway, Ed “The
Advertising Whore” Macaffery, Joe Sakic, Carmello Anthony (?) and…. The few that I can name should automatically get in, since they’re famous enough that I at least recognize their names.

Now that I’m done ranting, let’s take a look at some of the halls of fame that we have encountered along the way during our North American “You Drive Me Crazy” Tour:

Teaching
Agriculture
Astronauts
Wrestling
Jazz / Blues
Swimming
Fishing
Chess
And last, well, hopefully, but not likely, last: The Official South Carolina Hall of Fame.


I’m sure there are more, and we’ll add them as we go, but to see what I mean about not allowing people in if I haven’t heard of them, think about how many people you can name who might belong into the ones YOU don’t give a crap about. Agriculture? WTF?!

P.S. Dan Gable for Wrestling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Leave us a message!