Wednesday, June 27, 2007

mixed bag

Husband here.

Lots of little things:

The subways have birdsong piped in. You can tell because of three things. NO birds present, it only comes on when people are nearby, and the noise is coming from the friggin speakers!

Toilets and vending machines talk to you. Toilets that are plugged into the wall with an electric cord are kinda scary. (Wife sez they are kinda nice when they are heated.)

Starbucks has a frapaccino made from azuki beans that I thought I would hate, but it is the best one yet. We need these back home. Oh, and they're short two espresso cups now. Julie, you get one of them.

Eel that costs $30. had better be the best friggin eel I have ever eaten. Not so much. Same eel, different store: $5. Same yummy, less en (yen). Stupid store. Stupid me.

The difference between tasty and nasty is perspective. Example: Raw fish vs. Hotdogs. Nuff said.

And lastly... Best. Fries. Ever. I've been around the world 13 times and have had fried potatos in 33 different countries, and today, I knew I could die happy. In Matsushima Bay, we stopped at a little stand to get some icecream. They had a sign that said: totemo oishii pote-to (in Japanese of course, what country do you think this is?). Basically, Super Fries. So I broke our rule about not eating anything that we could get here (awesome cheap sushi doesn't count) and got some.. OMFG! They practically melted in my mouth they were so good. For those of you who know me (especially Janae), this is telling: I dropped one on the ground and SERIOUSLY considered picking it up and eating it. I may even go to hell for not actually doing so it was so perfect. DAMN!

Gomi will be covered in the next blog, but don't let us forget.

TTFNMF (figure it out : )

1 comment:

  1. Yummy
    I'm ready for some espresso, still recouperating (sp?) from my mom's visit. Jeff didn't even see half of what we got rid of, can you believe it? Oh and I happen to like the idea of chirping birds in the subway -- very very strange idea. But unique.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Leave us a message!